Totally vegan and made with real lemons and coconut cream these cupcakes are a dream for your tastebuds. Not too tart and just perfectly sweet for a terrible terrific treat.
1 cup sprouted spelt flour
1/2 cup chickpea flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup avocado oil*
1 cup hemp seed milk*
3/4 cup unrefined cane sugar
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Zest of 1 lemon finely grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line cupcake pan with wrappers and spray with coconut oil.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In seperate bowl whisk together avocado oil (extra virgin olive oil can be used instead), hemp seed milk (or other non dairy milk), sugar, vanilla, lemon juice & zest. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until combined.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. 6. Allow to cool completely before frosting with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting.
1/4 cup coconut cream
1/4 cup vegan powdered sugar
1/3 cup vegan cream cheese softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp coconut extract Dried Candied lemon slices
1. Mix all ingredients together except candied lemon until combined.
2. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours and frost cupcakes.
3. Cut candied lemon slices into mini wedges and top frosted cupcakes with pieces.
Yumm Yumm Yum!