Of all the many different vegan muffin recipes in my arsenal theses are hands down my favorite! Simple and extremely delicious. Perfect for breakfast or a snack. Prep: 20 min. Bake 20 min.
1 cup almond milk,*
1 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 cup sprouted wheat flour*
1/2 cup + 2 tbp. organic cane sugar
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 cup + 2 tbs coconut oil
1 cup strawberries (about 10 berries) chopped
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1/4 c. cocoa nibs
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375F and line muffin tins with wrappers & spray lightly with coconut oil.
2. Mix milk and vinegar and set aside to let milk start to curdle.
3. Mix sugar, vanilla and coconut oil in bowl and set aside.
4. In separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder & baking soda. Add curdled milk to sugar & oil to combine.
5. Then, slowly mix in dry ingredients until incorporated. Do not over mix, some lumps will be present. Fold in the strawberries, then cocoa nibs & then walnuts.
6. Fill liners 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes or 10-15 minutes for minis.
Makes 12 large muffins or 24 mini muffins. Yummiest muffins EVER!
*sprouted flour can be substituted for regular flour, flaxseed flour, etc and almond milk can be substituted for soy or cashew etc.
**DO NOT over bake, toothpick inserted may not come out dry due to strawberries they will be very soft and moist!